Red Ponceau S Powder
Color Index 27195
The colouring by Red Ponceau S is used to detect and color proteins on cellulose acetate, PVDF and nitrocellulose membranes. For the PVDF and nitrocellulose membranes, quantities in the order of protein micrograms can be highlighted by red bands on a clear background. The procedure is reversible and non-invasive to allow additional immunological tests on the specimen. The minimum limit for identification is 250 nanograms of protein in the face of electrophoresis in polyacrylamide gels. The dye is highly electronegative and binds to the amino groups of the protein, as well as non-covalent and non-polarized regions. The test is not reliable on Nylon membranes
Prepare the solution of red by Ponceau S
- 10 ml high purity distilled H2O (millipore es miliq)
- 0.3 ml glacial acetic acid
- 0033 G Ponceau S
- QS to 30 ml with miliq water
- Following electrophoresis, perform immersion of membranes in red Ponceau solution for about 10 minutes
- Removal and eventual filtration of the Ponceau red solution for reuse.
- Slight discoloration by distilled water until the bands of coloured proteins emerge clearly.
- Mark the standard bands on the side of the strips by reference
- Complete discoloration of the membrane with successive washes using distilled water
You can buy from us all the necessary for the production of the dye, or buy the dye solution ready for use.
Product supplied in jar with seal, technical data sheet on request.