Safety Data Sheets (SDS) are the most significant technical safety document for information on chemicals and mixtures thereof, which contain all necessary information for safety, chemical-physical properties, Toxicological and environmental requirements for the correct use and preservation of substances and mixtures, allow:
- The employer to determine whether dangerous chemicals are being manipulated at the workplace and therefore to assess any risk to the health and safety of workers arising from their use (elaboration and drafting of DVR Legislative Decree 81/08)
- Users to take the necessary measures on the protection of health, the environment and workplace safety.
The provisions for the drafting of SDS are present in Regulation (EC) N 1907/2006 (Reach Regulation) and subsequent amendments to the annex II to reach Regulation (regulation 453/2010).
The processing of the card shall be compulsory for substances and mixtures classified as dangerous respectively on the basis of the criteria laid down in Directive 67/548/EEC and Directive 1999/45/EC or on the basis of new criteria laid down in Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008 (CLP Regulation), also in the following cases:
- Persistent, bioaccumulative and toxic (PBT) and very persistent and very bioaccumulable (VPVB) substances in accordance with the criteria set out in annex XIII
- Substances included in the list of those which may be candidates for authorisation, prepared by art. 59 of the Reach regulation
- At the request of the professional user, for preparations not classified but containing (in individual concentrations equal to or greater than 1% by weight for solid and liquid preparations or at 0.2% by volume for gaseous preparations) hazardous substances, or with of occupational exposure limit or still falling in the above cases.
Database of models of safety data sheets of chemicals
The Ministry of Health provides a database of models of safety data sheets (SDS), chosen mainly from those officially classified by the European Union and contained in annex VI to regulation 1272/2008.
The SDS represents an indispensable communication tool in the supply chain of the substances. The Ministry of Health has prepared the database which, with its monthly updates, will allow to standardize and elevate the quality of the information contained, and provide at the same time a useful point of reference for the organs predisposed to the activities of Watch.
Such models of SDS may be used, modified and supplemented by all those who have the obligation to draw up SDS of substances, as well as from those who are obliged to draw up SDS of mixtures within the meaning of article 31 of the Reach regulation.
Enter the database.
Consultancy service for the realization of safety data sheets relating to hazardous mixtures in accordance with REACH Regulation (Reg. CE N. 1907/2006) and subsequent modifications. The implementation shall take into account the harmonised classification of substances contained in annex VI to CLP Regulation (Reg. CE N. 1272/2008) as amended by Regulation (EC) No. 790/2009.
Thanks to our experience of manufacturers of chemical reagents, our consultancy will not only be limited to the drafting of the safety card, with us you will find the best solution to your case.
Technical Data Sheets: drafting, updating and revision
Consultancy service for the realization of the technical sheets of your products, in order to issue a document that is the most complete and safe for the end user. The technical data sheet will be used to record all the information useful for the preservation, disposal, safety and use of your product.
Service of realization and updating of the labelling according to Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008 (CLP or CLP Regulation), which entered into force in the European Union on 20 January 2009, constitutes the new EU legislation on the classification, labelling and packaging of substances and mixtures.
All our services do not include a subscription, the documents are released in editable format, it will be the user’s care to request the revision.